Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mamaste


17 Weeks 4 Days


Maybe I am a bit more cynical than most, but I feel like I am totally different than every other pregnant woman with whom I speak. Everyone else seems to be embracing the fact that they are pregnant. Now don't get me wrong, I am very excited to be having our little bambino, but I am not so thrilled with the actual state of being pregnant. In fact it is making me entirely miserable.
I attended my first prenatal yoga class on Monday, which I was both curious and excited about, and it was a bit disappointing. Going into it I knew that it wasn't going to be a bikram class (which I will never do again) or even power yoga, but I at least expected some sort of work out while trying to find inner peace. What I did not expect was to be told right hand over heart, left hand on baby, say hi to baby. Ugh, vomit, I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I was instructed to do so. Why did I have such a negative reaction? For the most obvious reason, baby is in my body and should be fully aware of my existence and I feel no need to have to say hello. I mean really the little sprout is inside of me, it feels my touch 24/7, why do I need to shake its hand?
I am going to give the class a chance, because prenatal yoga is well-recommended but for right now I am still a skeptic. Mamaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment