Monday, November 22, 2010

Danke.

Turkey Day is around the corner and on Thursday, while I have much to be thankful for I am not doing a damn thing. And for that I am most thankful. We will begin a Turkey Day tradition of going for a run and later in the day head to a friend’s home for dessert, but those are the only two items on the Vaughn agenda. I love it.
The last several weeks have been exhausting and overwhelming but now that the Dallas Opera season has quieted down for a bit, I was able to enjoy a full two days off over the weekend. Nana flew in from New York to meet Marigny for the first time and we had a wonderful time. It is amazing to think that Nana was meeting the daughter of her son’s daughter. Three generations of Draper blood were sitting pretty in the Vaughn house and the feeling of family and connection that it sparked in me was astounding. I have decided that one of my projects over the next several months (years) will be to put together the family tree so that Marigny as she gets older will know exactly where she came from and so that I may learn where I came from as well.

Aaah! This sentimentality is a strange feeling for me to experience, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Truth be told, I am not totally escaping from Thanksgiving, the food beckons me too strongly. Friday Mom flies into Dallas and we will be doing a day after Turkey day feast and will be setting up and trimming the very first Christmas tree Zach and I will have had in our home. I am so thankful to be able to share this moment with mom as she shares it with Marigny. Plus I am just so happy that my mom will be in Dallas for a few days so that we may hang out. We get along really well, warped humor and all.
What it all comes down to is that there is so much to be thankful for that thank you does not fully express the feeling.
I am thankful for (in no particular order):
Abita Amber
The Saints
Warped humor
Good friends
Munch
Running
Thundercats
Scrabble
Family
Amazing step-kiddos
A truly spectacular husband
Marigny

No comments:

Post a Comment