Thursday, April 8, 2010

Week 30- 10 to go!!!!!!+/- 2 weeks

What a pregnant Morgan looks like when she doesn't know her picture is being taken....



Oh dear me, allergies are kicking my butt, as is the sciatic pain in my back and the damn mirror. But there is GOOD news...we went to the doctor yesterday and things seem to be a lot better than last time. Blood pressure was normal, kidneys seem to be draining, and we got to have a sonogram and see the not so little bambino. The combination of the Vaughn-Draper gene pool seems to have created a very very leggy and long child. They are estimating the baby to already weigh about 4 lbs and there exists the possibility that my due date will be moved up, but the baby will come when it is good and ready.

Okay, enough about that....



I have a confession to make: I like to watch television that one could liken to watching a train wreck where there are no survivors. My current wreck of a show is Little Miss Perfect, where our guide, a man who desperately wishes he was born a pageant worthy lady, wears eyeliner, blush and pink lip gloss as he guides us through the lives of the two contestants the show is following and also provides insight into the world of "Little Miss Perfect". Sometimes I am forced to look away...yes, the show is that good. What makes it that good you ask? The parents. The parents are unbelievable and are a reminder that no matter how bad a mother I may end up being, there is always someone much much worse. In a sick way it is comforting. Additionally, I have always been totally intrigued by the JonBenet Ramsey case, maybe its because I lived in Boulder the year following the horrific crime, but who knows, regardless, this bizarro world attracts my curiosity. I just don't get it. At all. Any way if you are at all looking for a parenting confidence-boost and have a warped sense of humor, watch this show.

One more thing, I think I am going to do the whole cloth diaper route....can anyone proved some insight?

No comments:

Post a Comment