Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Downfall of the Trendthrift

Ah, how good the intentions were when the challenge began and oh how quickly I crumbled.  But I couldn't help myself...the Boden clearance catalog was calling to me....MV...MV....open me. And I did and then I fell in love. 
If you know me at all, you know that I am a sucker for a stripe.  And my most favorite color is navy and when paired with grey (my old eventing colors) I cannot resist.  If I were a dress, this is the dress I would be.  This Stripey Tunic in Navy from Boden is my article of clothing soul mate.  So I bought it and have been totally ashamed to post under the guise of continuing the Trendthrift blog series. Hence the long blog vacation.  But to be perfectly honest I don't care.  I love this dress, it had to be mine.  Does it help that it was on sale?
So yes, I adore Stella & Dot, and as a stylist I have many fabulous samples, but there is one piece that I covet, not for my business, but for myself. So you are asking, Hey MV
why didn't you get this one as one of your samples? To be perfectly honest, I did not care for it from the image in the catalog, or online or even laying in the case. It wasn't until I put it on a guest at a trunk, I'll call her Ranger Girl, that I knew it had to be mine. 
And tomorrow it will, thanks to a friend selling some samples at amazing prices. 
Here is a sneak peek at the Marrakesh Bib Necklace:

Love it!  Wait until you see it on....
But quick question, can I continue to consider myself the Trendthrift?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that dress is too cute! You got me poking around on the Boden sale pages...uh oh.

    ReplyDelete